The Homeland Security Solution Operation within Leidos is seeking a Systems Architect to support a national scale service for next generation end-to-end credentialing and enrollment services for populations of workers and travelers seeking access to the nation's critical transportation systems and other infrastructure.
The successful Systems Architect shall:
• Design and define system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
• In conjunction with the project's System Engineer, determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
• Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of the total system.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions.
• Participate in alternative analysis, planning, definition, and high-level design of the new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• Guide the Agile teams in developing new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best products and practices.
• Define subsystems and their interfaces; in conjunction with System Engineer, allocate requirements to subsystems.
• Guide migration of hosted or data-center-resident solutions to Government cloud instances.
• Develop, understand, and dissect metrics, including backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
• Coach, educate, and indoctrinate as necessary the development team, the management team, and the client team (stakeholders and users) in processes and procedures needed to achieve project success.
• Large-scale software development and commercial component integration experience.
• Experience with cloud migration of hosted or data-center-resident applications.
• Experience with legacy systems reengineering or "refactoring".
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience doing development for the TSA and/or another agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
• Experience with large-scale vetting and identification systems such as the TSA's Technology Infrastructure Modernization project.
• Experience with as many as possible of the following TIM technology components:
o Aspose Barcode for Java
o Case Management Analytics Fusion Edition
o Database Vault
o DSG Standard Support Rightfax
o Exadata Database Machine
o IBM Rational
o IBM Security AppScan
o Identity Analytics
o Identity and Access Management
o Informatica PowerCenter
o Layer 7 SOA Gateway
o LUNA REMOTE BACKUP HSM
o Oracle Applications Management Suite for Siebel
o Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
o Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus
o Oracle Data Masking Pack
o Oracle Data Quality Address Validation Server
o Oracle Data Quality Matching Server
o Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
o Oracle Directory Services Plus
o Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
o Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite Plus
o Oracle Policy Automation
o Oracle Policy Modeling
o Oracle Real Application Clusters
o Oracle SOA Suite for Oracle Middleware
o Oracle Tuning Pack
o Oracle WebCenter Suite Plus
o PIVotal ID
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
o Senture Notifications
o Siebel CRM Base
o Siebel CTI
o Siebel Data Quality
o Siebel Email Response
o Siebel Partner Manager
o Siebel Public Sector CRM Base
o Siebel Public Sector Partner Portal
o Siebel Server Extensions for UNIX
o Siebel Test Automation Interfaces
o Siebel Tools
o Siebel UPK Fundamentals for Siebel CRM Base
o SOA Suite for Oracle Middleware
o United Business Process Management Suite
o User Productivity Kit Professional
o WebCenter Suite Plus
o WebLogic Suite
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.