No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The ESA IV program provides the Antitrust Division (ATR) of the Department of Justice customers with voice services including both mobility and VoIP support. These externally-managed services provide customers with the use of VoIP soft-clients, VoIP desk phones, VoIP conference phones, mobile smart phones, tablets, and other devices that enable communications.
This opportunity is ideal for a Communications Engineer with diverse demonstrated experience in voice-over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications (UC) concepts, telecommunications, networking, system administration, mobile device management, circuit management, and mobile device security. The applicant should have experience administering an externally-managed enterprise-scale VoIP system, and have demonstrated experience in telecom operations to include moves/adds/changes as well as circuit accounting and management. Experience with industry leading Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms is also desirable.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and administering an externally-hosted VoIP/Unified Communications platform
- Processing moves, adds, changes, and deletes along with corresponding physical asset deployment and recovery
- Managing, tracking, and reporting physical telecommunications inventory
- Managing, tracking, and reporting telecommunications circuit inventory
- Assuming ownership of telecommunications engineering tasks in coordination and consultation with customers and peers
- Supporting end-users to process and resolve technical and service issues
- Tracking, updating, and closing service and incident tickets in a modern ITSM tool that contributes to meeting or exceeding our contractual SLAs
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Administration and management of mobile device management (MDM) platforms
- Troubleshooting support for Apple mobile hardware and operating systems
- Implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Management of the Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) configurations and Apple Configurator and additional support for networking configurations, troubleshooting, and operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience managing and administering a VoIP/Unified Communications platform from a vendor such as RingCentral, 8x8, BroadSoft, or similar
- Understanding of telecommunications circuits and PSTN interfaces
- Experience with networking configurations and network troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundational concepts, ITSM based ticketing, and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with an industry-leading mobile device management (MDM) platform
- Knowledge of Apple mobile hardware and operating systems
- Understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience with Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) configurations and Apple Configurator
- Experience providing enterprise deployments of corporate-owned mobile devices
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the government to permit access to customer-sensitive information.