Job Requisition:NISSC II Software Factory Lead
Leidos is seeking a Software Factory Lead for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) – Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II).
NISSC II provides for Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment (OM&S) of the baseline NISSC II covered systems. The NISSC II covered systems provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in operational work centers at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS), Peterson AFB (PAFB), Offutt AFB (OAFB), Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), and other military sites, world-wide.
The Software Factory Lead has ultimate responsibility for performing preventive and corrective Agile software maintenance, test automation, failure analysis, corrective actions, and technology refresh on the NISSC covered systems, while also participating in the Leidos Software Factory. Our software factory is responsible for delivering world class software solutions while promoting an innovative, transparent, collaborative, rewarding, inclusive, and professional culture that upholds Leidos high ethical standards. This senior leadership position requires excellent organization and technical skills to work cross-functionally with internal and external organizations, and top-notch communication with all levels of the company. This is a unique opportunity for a senior professional who enjoys a high level of independence, visibility and responsibility.
- Develop and implement configuration managed corrective and adaptive software modifications to the NISSC capability
- Promote the Leidos SW Factory brand and capabilities to internal Leidos stakeholders, customers, and the local community
- Ensure frequent communication within the SW Factory amongst SW Factory leadership team (“SW Factory Board”)
- Engage and promote cross-site communications to foster collaboration across software factories
- Coordinate responses to external requests, such as staffing requests
- Maintain university and community engagement relationships
- Monitor the onboarding and management of personnel in the factory
- Oversee and coordinate all SW Factory site visits, including demonstrations, special guests, hosted events, etc.
- Collect and report SW Factory metrics to Leidos management
- Coordinate facility improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of relevant management experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes; certified Scrum Master
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in CS or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.