Leidos is seeking a Network Security Engineer to support a customer at Fort Meade, MD. Primary work scope will involve managing hardware and software configurations such as routers, servers and switches; applying system configurations and updates; providing hands on experience configuring, deploying, and managing mission critical network appliances such as routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DPI, etc. The Network Engineer will provide specialized engineering, test, and evaluation assistance and develop associated documentation as necessary to conduct continuing end-to-end technical assessments of SLC3S communication systems which support NLCC mission areas including but not limited to ground fixed, ground mobile, airborne and maritime with secure and non-secure voice, data and video communications services. Work will be performed out of the DISA Ft Meade, MD location.
As Network Engineer, you will assist the customer to operate and maintain a lab that consist of procured communications equipment and link simulator equipment that allows simulation of several of the Senior Leader communications configurations. The lab is not a fixed configuration. In this role, you will:
Reconfigure the equipment in the lab, as required, to create the desired simulation of a Senior Leader communications link.
Develop customized procedures then will assist in conducting training of the assessment procedures in the test lab, and conduct demonstrations to inform external participants of the required sequence of events during the actual assessments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must hold a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years or more of specialized Information Assurance/INFOSEC, Operations, Computer and Network Security experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold and maintain an active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance
- Hands on experience with IT architecture and design (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, LAN/WAN design, and/or general internetworking technologies).
- Experience with administering Windows and Linux (RHEL) operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) configuration, and setting AD servers and their domain controllers.
- Experience with OSPF, ISIS, and BGP protocols; ability to configure VPN tunnels with IPSEC.
- Ability to write scripts in PERL, Bash, Python.
- Ability to test HTTP/FTP performances with scripts and Fluke devices.
- Configure FTP and Web servers.
- Preferred relevant Certifications: DOD 8570 IAT III (CISSP, CASP, CISA, GCIH or similar)