The Leidos Defense group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, experienced software developer to lead and coordinate the design, prototyping and support production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. Position will require regular travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities, in multiple locations across the United States.
- Support the Program Managers and the customer with software development for research and development, design, and initial production and testing of ocean hardware systems.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to identify, perform and document system trades related to software in system design, performance and manufacturing.
- Work with a distributed team of highly skilled software developers developing the next generation of autonomous unmanned systems
- Working with Allen Bradley PLC's using Rockwell Factory Talk View Studio
- Designing and developing new Allen Bradley PLC based control systems
- UML Software Design using Enterprise Architect or similar tool
- Software development in an Agile Scrum environment
- Use scripting languages such as Bask and Python
- Configure network switches including VLANS, Rapid Spanning Tree, and Multiple Spanning Tree's
- Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering in addition to a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience.
- 5+ years of C/C++ experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Master's degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering.
- Existing security clearance is highly desirable