Job Requisition:Analytics Software Engineer
Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
Our Leidos Innovation Center seeks you, an experienced and creative Java & C++ software engineers to implement high quality software/systems solutions including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs. You will implement high level software solutions in support of collaborative autonomous system and incorporate analytics and machine learning/artificial intelligence, in support of research customers such as DARPA, AFRL, and IARPA to work in either Dayton, OH or Arlington, VA. As our Software Engineer you will design, develop, and improve applications within several domains critical to our government customers.
Cool stuff you will be doing:
- You will work in a research driven environment that focuses on rapid prototyping to evaluate custom analytics against quantitative metrics, and would be expected to contribute to the research team by providing valuable perspectives on productive avenues of research
- Be well versed in memory management, detecting and correcting memory leaks, and understanding and altering legacy code as required for integration with existing systems
- Know how to write software code that scales, incorporates error handling, and incorporates data, open standards and analytic provenance as an integral part of the production of analytic results.
- Recommend and implement best practices supporting the secure software development lifecycle
- Implement applied research into one or more of the following domains: perception and autonomous sensor reasoning systems, automated extraction and labeling systems, autonomous platform and team planning, automated dynamic reactions and machine learning, human interface development for highly automated platforms
- Hands on hardware and software prototype development and integration of new capabilities into new and existing embedded systems
- Conduct metrics-based evaluation and hands-on support for fielding of research prototypes
- Write documentation to include implementation of regression and unit tests
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
- BS in Computer Science (or a related discipline) and 2 3 years’ experience in software engineering.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required).
- At least 1 2 year of experience implementing solutions in C++.
- At least 2 year of experience implementing solutions in Java.
- Communicative with the ability to state their needs and be an active member of a team.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Understanding of the concepts of software or system design (e.g., UML, Class, methods, private and public, inheritance, aggregation, sequence diagrams, state machine definition and diagrams, service interfaces and contract)
- Understanding of the use of common messaging middlewares (e.g., UDP, TCP, 0MQ, ActiveMQ, DDS, SOAP, etc.)
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Deep understanding of implementing solutions using C/C++ and Java interchangeably
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Familiarity with flight systems and flight dynamics (or the equivalent hydro system knowledge)
- Familiarity with sensor systems and sensor processing (RF imaging and signals, EO, IR, etc)
- Proficiency with MatLab and experience porting MatLab prototypes to Java or C++
- Proficiency with Linux system setup for normal computers and for embedded devices
- Proficiency with development for embedded systems (Arduino, RP3, ARM, etc.)
- Familiarity with development Docker containers and/or micro-service architectures
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.