Leidos is seeking a highly capable and experienced Electrical Engineer to join a team that's executing multiple contracts and research activities to develop and field maritime sensors, payloads, and supporting infrastructure for next generation unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) systems. The qualified candidate will work with systems engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers, other electrical engineers, and production personnel to define, design, integrate, test, and operate electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
Primary Duties include:
- Analyze, simulate, design, layout and unit test electronics boards for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, cables, connectors, power subsystems (including batteries).
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing, review and create engineering change orders (ECOs), as required per ISO9001:2008 policies.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing.
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and develop specifications for deliverable systems.
- Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods will be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field with a minimum of 8 years of related experience in electrical/electronic hardware design, integration and system level test and commensurate with primary responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong familiarity with Altium Designer or similar circuit design tools.
- Demonstrated experience in Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design including: analog, digital, mixed signal, or Radio Frequency (RF) designs.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and LTSpice software packages.
- Strong hands-on background in operation of standard electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project
- Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Experience with unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, power systems, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Experience with optics, optical telemetry and electro-optic components.