Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer - Hendersonville TN
Leidos Engineering is seeking a Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer to join our team distribution planning team in our Hendersonville TN office. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of distribution planning, arc flash and coordination studies, distribution and transmission protection, self-healing systems as project and client needs dictate. Studies are conducted for Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and electric system cooperatives. The position will involve some degree of client facing work, with some business development activities to be expected. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
The candidate should possess solid analytical distribution experience, including load flow for both traditional planning studies and for studies driven by regulatory compliance requirements, distribution and transmission protection system, and self-healing network configurations. Familiarity and experience with distribution policy, transmission policy, and regulatory issues is also considered a plus, including experience with arc flash assessments.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree is required and 0-2 years of experience
• Experience functioning in a technical role in distribution studies and capable of conducting studies under the direction of a technical supervisor is strongly desired
• Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, DNV GL's SynerGEE, Milsoft's WindMil, or Cyme's Cymdist required; Siemens PTI's PSS/E or GE Concordia's PSLF,. EMTP or PSCAD experience is a plus. ASPEN OneLiner or Electrocon's CAPE software experience also a plus.
• Must possess strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and presentation skills.
• Must be a team player, able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.