Job Requisition:Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for entrepreneurs whose first answer is “Yes”! Apply your technical and business leadership, innovation and imagination to grow your career at Leidos.
Our Leidos Innovations Center currently is looking for your, our next Senior Software Engineer to work in Dayton, OH or Arlington, VA. Interested in being a leader that is responsible for driving the technical execution of a research program supporting autonomy and system of system communication through the use of open system architectures? Join a fast growing, hard-working, dynamic organization; Leidos is seeking a talented Senior Software-Systems Engineer with a focus on Autonomy & Open Architectures. The successful candidate will help architect, coordinate, program, build and enhance highly available, scalable research system(s) used by our customers for the advancement of open system architectures.
What our Software team does:
- Work on specification, design, development, and analysis of software-based products and systems.
- Generate systems engineering DoDAF artifacts with programs such as Enterprise Architect and/or MagicDraw and determines which views can be developed based on the level of effort and data available.
- Perform overall engineering functions for HW/SW components including: requirements specification; product and design evaluation; trade-off and selection analysis; modeling and simulation.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of designed systems.
- Perform tasks of a high degree of complexity and difficulty with no supervision.
- Program and test solutions in C++ and Java.
- Work with Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 10+ years of software systems engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 6+ years software engineering experience.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Strong C++ and Java- Familiarity with wide variety of IDEs (Integrated Development Environments)
- Experience with understanding DoD Use cases (DoD preferred) for use in deriving requirements and implementation in engineering or physics based coded scenarios
- Familiarity (conceptually) with programming FPGAs
- Familiarity (conceptually) with high speed buses, such as Infiniband
- Experience leading technical volumes or sections of proposals
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following: DoD Architecture Framework, Open Systems Architecture (OSA), Enterprise Architect, Linux/Unix, VxWorks
- Experience with avionics and/or sensor integration along with appropriate DoD mission application
- Familiarity with Standardization Agreement (STANAG) requirements, communications standards and architectures.
- CMMI Processes, Agile (Scrum) Methods, Virtual Machine Environment, Coding Standards, Distributed Computing Architectures. Information Assurance/ CyberSecurity, Object-Oriented Design, Service-Oriented Architecture, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
If this position is not a fit for you but you know someone to refer, Leidos will pay you $2K! Learn more here.
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.