We are looking for entrepreneurs whose first answer is "Yes"! Apply your technical and business leadership, innovation and imagination to grow your career at Leidos.
Our Leidos Innovations Center currently is looking for your, our next Senior Software Engineer to work in Dayton, OH or Arlington, VA. Interested in being a leader that is responsible for driving the technical execution of a research program supporting autonomy and system of system communication through the use of open system architectures? Join a fast growing, hard-working, dynamic organization; Leidos is seeking a talented Senior Software-Systems Engineer with a focus on Autonomy & Open Architectures. The successful candidate will help architect, coordinate, program, build and enhance highly available, scalable research system(s) used by our customers for the advancement of open system architectures.
What our Software team does:
- Work on specification, design, development, and analysis of software-based products and systems.
- Generate systems engineering DoDAF artifacts with programs such as Enterprise Architect and/or MagicDraw and determines which views can be developed based on the level of effort and data available.
- Perform overall engineering functions for HW/SW components including: requirements specification; product and design evaluation; trade-off and selection analysis; modeling and simulation.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of designed systems.
- Perform tasks of a high degree of complexity and difficulty with no supervision.
- Program and test solutions in C++ and Java.
- Work with Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 10+ years of software systems engineering experience; or a Master's degree with 6+ years software engineering experience.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Strong C++ and Java- Familiarity with wide variety of IDEs (Integrated Development Environments)
- Experience with understanding DoD Use cases (DoD preferred) for use in deriving requirements and implementation in engineering or physics based coded scenarios
- Familiarity (conceptually) with programming FPGAs
- Familiarity (conceptually) with high speed buses, such as Infiniband
- Experience leading technical volumes or sections of proposals
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision
.- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following: DoD Architecture Framework, Open Systems Architecture (OSA), Enterprise Architect, Linux/Unix, VxWorks
- Experience with avionics and/or sensor integration along with appropriate DoD mission application
- Familiarity with Standardization Agreement (STANAG) requirements, communications standards and architectures.
- CMMI Processes, Agile (Scrum) Methods, Virtual Machine Environment, Coding Standards, Distributed Computing Architectures. Information Assurance/ CyberSecurity, Object-Oriented Design, Service-Oriented Architecture, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
If this position is not a fit for you but you know someone to refer, Leidos will pay you $2K! Learn more here.
External Referral Program