The Geospatial Programs Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a junior-level Geospatial Analyst (GA) to work in our Alexandria, VA office. The GA will be responsible for providing expertise in acquiring, processing, managing, analyzing, exploiting and transforming Geospatial Feature Data; specifically providing the conversion and conflation of transportation infrastructure data. The GA should be familiar with data domains (ex. Topographic, Maritime, Aeronautical, etc.) and the process of researching and acquiring Geospatial data, products and information within those domains. Responsible for maintaining good customer relations to explain technical trade-off to managers and customers who may not have the technical expertise to perform the analysis themselves.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence products.
• Will use oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
• Will work directly with team and customer to develop enterprise level geospatial data architecture, data collection and conflation workflow and tool creation.
• Will be using a geographic information system (GIS) for working with maps and geographic information; ArcGIS (e.g. ArcMap, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox)
• OCONUS travel may be required.
• Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of Geospatial work experience including GIS data and GIS data structures (may include work as an intern)
• Proficiency in Geospatial Information and Geospatial Intelligence technologies
• Experience working with GIS software, working with enterprise level ArcGIS data content including data review, synchronization, replication.
• Understanding of typical DoD data products.
• Working knowledge of conflation techniques, familiarization of the Intelligence Community, an understanding of the various network domains (SIPRnet, JWICS, etc.), familiarity with documenting workflow processes and experience with standard GEOINT data formats and standards.
• Ability and willingness to work in multiple locations (government offices, Leidos offices, or OCONUS locations).
• Must hold a Secret Clearance or above
• Background in GEOINT data from various sources such as the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, other Intelligence Agencies, US Army Geospatial Center, Army Engineer units or NATO Allies.
Feature data extraction from imagery
• Experience with Geospatial data conflation
• Transportation or Network routing experience
• Understanding of U.S. Army Ground-Warfighter Geospatial Data Model based products.
• Experience in algorithm development and/or implementation for the geospatial domains (e.g., geospatial processing, database management, etc.)
• GIS programming experience (ArcGIS Runtime or ArcGIS Engine, QGIS, GDAL)