The Help Desk provides 24/7/365 network assistance and technical support to resolve user incidents, service requests, communications, computer, voice, network faults and outages, and incident resolution support. The Help Desk assign priorities based on the criticality of the incident, problem, or service level of the customer. The Helpdesk Manager is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties may include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, a return or service the product in the field.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- The Help Desk Manager oversees all Tier 1 technicians, analysts, and specialists providing technical support to all AFNCR customer requests and inquiries.
- Common technical support duties include answering telephones, communicating with clients, diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, and troubleshooting problems.
- The Help Desk Manager shall implement processes and improvements to support Platinum, Gold, and Silver Customer Service Levels.
- Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in the utilization of ITIL Process Framework principles and possess a technical background working classified environment that includes experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues, hardware and software support, hands-on and remote support.
-A Help Desk Manager shall be on site 0600-1800, Monday through Friday, and available 24/7/365 within 2 hours to meet with the COR on site.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of experience. Additional relevant training, certification, and/or years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Required certifications- Help Desk Institute (HDI) certificate
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams in a Help Desk environment
- Must have experience supporting a large scale enterprise wide customer base with multiple service level tiers (10,000+ users)
- Must possess knowledgeable specific to Help Desk SLA's
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders.
- Certs- Security +CE certification and ITIL Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Clearance: TS Eligible