Leidos is looking for a multimedia developer to provide high-end multimedia products (animations, Flash-like products, interactive media) for a customer providing online learning modules, creating engaging interactive classroom teaching tools, and developing other unique instruction products. The successful candidate should be a graphic artist and/or animator who is well-versed in the use of multimedia authoring and development tools to include content organization and interface design for online learning. The position works closely with instruction designers and instructors to develop products which incorporate sound adult learning principles, implement techniques that engage the learning, and are globally accessible through the appropriate networks. Additional they may be tasked to provide graphic support or interactivity to other projects developed by team members. The multimedia developer is expected to implement designs for several delivery platforms including, but not limited to, classroom, DVDs, CDs, websites, mobile devices, and enterprise learning systems.
- Work as part of a team to develop creative and engaging interactive media in support of learning projects.
- Design and develop 2D and 3D animations.
- Provide graphic design support to a variety of tasks, including print products, web banners, stand-alone graphics, graphics and animations for videos, and ad hoc media request.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of e-learning courses in conjunction with instructional designers and instructors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members, such as AV, TI, instructors, and production teams to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Work with customer to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Utilize a training tool and weekly meetings to track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed or before the established due date.
- Communication and promote effective use of new and current technologies to the customer.
- Provide through analysis of options to ensure recommendations address physical and security constraints.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practices and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Maintain credentials as required.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy working with various levels of team members, manages, and customer to identify requirements and develop action plans.
BA with at least 8-12 years of related job experience. Four years experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing special applications such as 2D and 3D animation, ideally for a learning environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience working in Flash, InDesign, illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, or Camtasia to create interactive elements or web-based training.
- Experience designing in and integrating elements from the Adobe Creative Suite or other compositing packages.
- Utilizing a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, software, and platforms for the delivery of products.
- Utilizing project tracking mechanism to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Identifying and communicating project status, inter-dependencies, and managing priorities.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Degree in graphic design, animation, cartography, fine arts, or related field.
- Experience designing, drafting, planning, and producing designs for instructional programs, videos, multimedia, e-learning and other print, electronic, and multimedia materials independently and with input from subject matter experts.
- Experience with mobile device app develop or willingness to learn.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with copyright and ADA compliance regulations.