Executive opportunity to lead and manage all Business Development and Strategy efforts for Leidos' Defense Group Airborne Solutions Operation, a $800M+ annual revenue (and growing) Profit and Loss (P&L) organization that designs, integrates, delivers, operates, and sustains technically advanced manned and unmanned airborne and terrestrial ISR mission equipment payloads; processing, exploitation, and dissemination capabilities; including platforms for full system life cycle. Primary customers include US Army (PEO IEW&S, PEO Aviation, Army Geospatial Center, Army Research Lab) USSOCOM, AFSOC, AVTEG, and USAF. In this position, you will be accountable for the BD performance of the organization including Awards and Pipeline Growth and management of an annual New Business Funds. You will lead a team of direct report BD professionals (Capture Staff, Account Manager, and Proposal Staff.
- Coordinate BD efforts emphasizing pipeline development; guide technology transition to improve Pwin; review large opportunities to ensure internal and external team effort matures toward proposal readiness; conduct proposal reviews, emphasizing the view of the customer reviewers and how our message is delivered and would be scored.
- Train Operation-wide capture teams.
- Tailor corporate processes to unique captures.
- Ensure pipeline growth and accurate data for use at all line levels.
- Cultivate and support M&A evaluations.
- Face a wide array of customers in support of line engagement needs.
- Forecast Op BD performance against goals.
- Influence and implement the Op strategy for growth.
- Advise line management objectively and support candidate assessments of how to improve Pwin, and when opportunities should not be pursued.
- Assess investments and provide input on their impact to BD efforts.
- Work as part of the Operation Leadership team in support of achieving all P&L financial goals.
- Work as part of the Group BD&S team in support of achieving all Group BD goals.
- Identify staff needs (current staff and gaps) and support efforts to identify candidates that can help the Op grow.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering field and 15+ years of related experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Winning record leading highly competitive captures and proposals
- Management experience responsible for Budget and Personnel
- Established relationships with government customers in ISR and R&D business areas
- Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant customer government organizations
- Prior Experience working directly with Military personnel and government leaders at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) based competitive procurements
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Active TS clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- 12 or more years of experience in a Business Development position leading teams and projects
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Proven Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities
- Proven experience developing and implementing a Strategy for business growth