- The Defense group at Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer located at DISA HQ at Fort Meade, MD.
This network engineer will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution.
• Assist in the design, development, test, implementation and sustainment of SDN components.
• Support troubleshooting, incident and problem management as necessary.
• Apply working knowledge of technical domain to develop solutions to routine technical problems.
• Collaborate with GSM-O request fulfillment and engineering teams to obtain network configurations/templates for various services and implement them in lab environments.
• Verify and validate SDN/NFV/Orchestration solutions by integrating them into the GSM-O SDN lab environments.
• Travel to customer sites as needed to support SDN and NFV infrastructure deployments.
• Periodically validate SDN database by collecting data from various sources including configuration management databases (CMDBs), live router configurations and other data sources.
• Make and renew SDN port reservations periodically in the CMDB.
• Validate IPT-PE Location and POC Identification.
• Inspect router configurations and compare with templates and baselines to determine router readiness for SDN integration.
• Communicate configuration requirements for new capabilities to the software team.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ yrs. of relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Hold a current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) or higher.
• Hands on experience configuring Juniper (Junos), Cisco (ASR9K, IOS-XR) and Palo Alto in a production environment.
• Solid understanding of current and evolving network architectures and trends.
• Network protocol experience (OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, MPLS, IP/MPLS VPN).
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Layer 2/3 VPN and firewall knowledge and experience.
• Must have a Secret clearance with SSBI or a Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience with network function virtualization and SDN.
• Experience with prototyping and building prototypes/proofs of concept.
• Experience with scripting is a plus to automate configuration and validation tasks that are performed regularly.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching or Juniper Network Certified Specialist - Service Provider (JNCIS-SP).