Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer to join an Agile Test Team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. This position is in Gaithersburg, MD. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position requires strong technical testing skills in order to participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Test Team Member. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. You will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalating and resolving impediments, and helping to drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program. You are expected to work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
- Plans, executes, and documents testing of in-house developed and COTS/GOTS components.
- Troubleshoots hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and verifies/validates integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
- Writes discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems.
- Typically requires Bachelors Degree in a related field of study and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience testing AFSS, including using VersionOne and working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in full-life cycle software applications development using an agile methodology, to include, test and integration
- Experience testing the following items: Spring Framework, SOAP and REST web services, XML Schemas and Definitions, J2EE product stack
- Professional experience supporting the system and/or software engineering discipline.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate in a fast paced environment, and to pay attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with stakeholders and other team members.