We require a Systems Engineer on an 'in-flight' MOD open source intelligence programme. A successful candidate will also be expected to provide technical support to the Programme Manager (PM) with Customer and Partner engagements and securing on-contract growth. In addition, the position may be called upon to support other Programmes and Bids.
A successful candidate will be required to:
• Document system configurations.
• Document step-by-step administrator guides.
• Work with Architecture teams to design new system integrations ensuring they are in line with the technical requirements defined and scoped.
• Facilitate the approval of the designs with Solutions Architecture, PM and Principal Engineering Manager.
• Perform technical impact assessments for any proposed changes.
• Ensure all designs are well integrated and achieve the intended outcomes.
• Provide support and guidance to the technical team (Dev Ops, Tech Ops and Service Desk) to ensure detailed designs and engineering processes meet derived requirements.
• Input into BOMs and BOEs as required by the PM.
• Execute and coordinate Engineering tasks 'hands on'.
• Coordinate document production in accordance with the Programme business rhythms and deliverables.
• Lead Partner and Customer technical engagements.
• Provide support to Defence Bids for growth
Nationality: British - many of our projects have nationality restrictions.
Minimum Clearance to take up the post: SC - also Candidates should either hold or be willing to undergo DV clearance.
Specific hands on experience with:
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service.
- Azure Networking.
- Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Network Firewalls.
- Web Application Firewalls.
- Windows Server.
- Linux Servers.
- Managed Windows desktops.
Customer-facing experience (eg at formal Programme meetings, capability demonstrations and Workshops).
- Barracuda Firewalls.
- Fortinet Firewalls.
- Barricuda WAFs.
- ClearSwift ICAP Gateway.
- Symantec Anti-Virus.
- ManageEngine Service Desk Plus.
- Centos Linux (Install / Configuration).
- Redhat Linux (Install / Configuration).
- Microsoft SQL, 2012 HA Cluster build.
- Encryption key management.
- An enquiring and innovative approach to tasks and challenges.
Information Systems, Computer Science Degree
- Microsoft MCSE (MCITP).
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate.
- Cisco CCNA.