The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group is seeking a Data Acquisition Specialist with data transformation (ETL) experience working with third party data feeds and latest technologies to work in Bethesda, MD. As Data Acquisition Specialist on an advanced analytics activity in support of all-source data fusion analysis, you will work with a team of data scientists and analyst collectors to develop an enterprise data collection and analytic pipeline capability and implement a robust data science experimentation agenda. We are seeking individuals with a mix of intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and collaborative mission focus to identify novel sources of data across a range of fields, to improve the performance of analytic systems, and to encourage user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
• Write code on ETL platform to transform data to a common data model focused on data exploitation in support of customer mission objectives.
- Assemble unique data sets to support algorithm training and fills information or data gaps required to assist in discovery and exploitation requirements.
• Develop and implement data connectors with third party APIs and web scraping technologies.
• Work with external teams to define data collection and integration requirements, and validate ingest.
- Design and implement data science experiments leveraging machine learning and data science applications.
• Add features to ETL platform to shorten timelines for future data integration efforts.
• Participate in daily scum meetings, sprint retrospectives, and other agile processes.
• Provide and maintain documentation of system architecture, development, and enhancements.
Need these to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years experience or Master's Degree with 4 or more years' experience from an accredited course of study in computer science, engineering, operations research, mathematics, or physics.
• 6+ years of software development and data management experience focused on a variety of data structures and types
• Scripting experience with Java, Ruby, or Python
- Experience in SQL and other database management protocols to support assembly of data sets.
• Experience in data ingestion, data transformation (ETL), and data modeling.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Must possess a TS/SCI security clearance and be able to transfer status to a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
You will wow us if you have these skills:
• Linux/Unix experience
• Experience developing data connectors to third party APIs
• Experience developing applications that work with NoSQL stores (eg, ElasticSearch, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
• Experience with Web scraping technologies
- Experience with machine learning applications and data science techniques.
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience working with batch-processing and tools (e.g., Nifi, Midpoint, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
• Experience with Restful web services including code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (e.g., Eclipse, git, svn, maven, Jenkins)
• Experience working with tools in the stream-processing (e.g., Storm)
External Referral Eligible