Leidos has a need for an analyst or data scientist with experience in training for a project located in Mclean, VA.
In this role, candidate will work at a customer site to:
- Provide intelligence support for analytic methodologist customers across regional domains to include analysis and research for industry, infrastructure, technology, biographic, and targeted vulnerability.
- Provide support to analysis of social networks on an ad hoc basis as directed.
- Must be able to make sense of large datasets in support of network and geospatial analysis.
- 20% of the candidate's time will also be dedicated to supporting and instructing an introduction and advanced social network analysis class.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years' experience
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming languages - experience can be from school internships or projects
- Experience with GitHub - experience can be from school internships or projects
- Experience with network analysis tools such as Analyst's Notebook, Renoir, ORA, or UCINET - experience can be from school internships or projects
- Experience with Social Network Analysis and/or Geospatial Analysis - experience can be from school internships or projects
- Familiarity with relational data and quantitative analysis thereof
- Strong basic computer skills (Microsoft office, specifically excel)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact positively with students in a learning environment
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.