No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Information Assurance Program Manager shall ensure compliance with security and privacy laws, regulations, guidance, and direction, including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA); National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance; Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS); applicable Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memoranda; and United States Antarctic Program (USAP) policies and instructions.
- Collaboration with organizational leaders to advance the strategic vision, make recommendations that support the development of cost-effective information technology security improvements, and oversees the design, testing, and implementation of secure solutions.
- Manage/maintain the Information Security Program budget and championing the development/ purchase of cost effective improvements.
- Directs System Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) planning and testing activities to include FISMA audits
- Oversees the completion and quality of contract deliverables and reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for developing annual work plans for the Information Security team.
- Creates security awareness among the organization staff and program stake holders
- Develops and maintains an information security risk mitigation plan, including leading the security incident response team in prevention, investigation, mitigation and reporting activities as well as proposing solutions to anticipate prevent or mitigate future incidents.
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, advising relevant stakeholders, and coordinating with external agencies, and other advisory bodies, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture.
- Directs involvement in a wide range of security issues including privacy, enterprise architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Responsible for InfoSec recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Candidate must possess a solid background in developing Security Assessment and Authorization packages to include: System Security Plans, Plan of Action & Milestones, Security Assessment Reports and Acceptance of Residual Risk documents in accordance with FISMA requirements and NIST Risk
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible IT operational/project management experience is required. At least five years of experience must be in information security. Must demonstrate above average written and verbal communications skills
Deployment to Antarctica may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.