Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer 4 to support EW programs in Arlington, VA. As part of our team, you will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You'll simultaneously get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
You will be responsible for research, design, and development of the signal collection, processing and dissemination systems. Duties may include designing, developing, and analyzing systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors.
- Develop innovative algorithms to tackle challenging research and development problems using engineering tools like MATLAB, Python, etc. Focus will be on communications systems, including 5G.
- Create Algorithm Description Documents (ADDs) to document requirements for a real-time software/firmware implementation.
- Server as the primary customer technical contact for projects or subprojects.
- Allocate and manage work performed by lower level technical staff. Provide coaching and review the work of lower level technical staff.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Ability to get and maintain a TS security clearance
- 8-12 years of relevant experience with Bachelors degree or Masters with 6-10 years of experience
- Experience with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Experience with Communications Systems and Software Defined Radios
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Experience with 5G Wireless signals
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience working on Research and Development projects
- Experience using discrete-event network simulators, such as NS-3, to model complex communication systems environments
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields