The successful applicant will serve as a Management Assistant Intern in support of the mission of Leidos Life Sciences and associated contracts. Leidos Life Sciences supports biomedical research and development management efforts for both our military and our government civilian clients, including the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, National Institute of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Homeland Security, and others. Our work in this focus area includes providing both scientific/technical analyses as well as business analyses of efforts varying from individual research programs to entire organizational mission analyses. We also provide program management and regulatory / quality assurance support for the development of medical drugs and biologics through our virtual pharma practice.
The Management Assistant Intern will support the mission of Leidos Life Sciences and associated contracts by: (1) organizing, arranging, and supporting meetings to include working group meetings, to include coordinating with contractor and government staff to schedule meetings, preparing and distributing agendas, collecting, compiling and distributing meeting information packages, attending meetings, and preparing meeting summaries that identify decisions, issues, and action items; (2) assisting Leidos staff in the collection of information and drafting and preparation of executive-level progress reports and briefings and/or special issue reports and briefings; (3) supporting overall project management by creating and maintaining lists of action items and communicating with staff to ascertain and report their current status; and (4) recommending and advising on efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and improve quality of support.
- Currently enrolled in a degree seeking program from an accredited college/university with at least one year of undergrad studies completed
- US Citizenship required
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Must demonstrate ability to summarize complex issues and demonstrate excellent written communications skills, preferably through examples of relevant work products
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact easily and effectively with executives and program managers at all levels as well as staff
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in information technology as well as an understanding of basic statistical analysis desired
- Interest and basic knowledge of biotechnology will be considered a plus