Leidos is seeking a LAN/WAN Network Administrator for the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The Network Administrator provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design. Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and office automation equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
• "Break/Fix" on all FS21 operational enterprise equipment and systems as directed by the AFSS NOC Ticketing System.
• Provide Software support within the facility and all systems within the facility in all aspects of daily LAN/WAN administrative support.
• Provide administrative Desktop installation and support , hardware & software
o MS Office 2016, Adobe, Nuance, McAfee Security applications, ePO and other software products used on the Administrative and Production networks
• Provide Administrative network operations support for all network components
o Cisco, HP, Dell
• Provide PBX moves, adds, & changes for the Avaya IP502 V2 PBX
• Provide Network and standalone printer support
• Provide Operational Systems support to production Flight Service Enterprise Network
o Includes all Production Desktop Workstations
o Includes all Production Network Components
o Includes all Production Telco interfaces and demarc points
o Includes all Production Servers and system components
• Responsible for all installed cabling and cable infrastructure within the facility to include installing new cabling
• Provide service and support for all other office automation equipment
• Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts working in the Network and Security Operations Center to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the AFSS enterprise networks
• Responsible for all Leidos Intranet backups within the facility
• Responsible for administering Leidos Intranet resources in other facilities around the US.
• Prepare weekly Inventory Asset Management Updates
• Typically requires Bachelors of Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Harris SolaCom Digital Voice Communication Equipment experience.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of administering administrative domain resource activities and the processes ensuring a secure and viable internal Leidos Intranet network.
Desired Skills: Microsoft MCSE and a solid background in Desktop/Server/ & Network installation and Support 5+ Years of solid diverse LAN/WAN support to enterprise networks.
Work Schedule: Generally M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
Must: Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, Mon-Thur
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S