Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Unmanned/Autonomous Surface Vehicle team's Arlington, Virginia office. Our team writes software for unmanned ships, and supports field tests where we see the results of our work. Successful engineers will focus on solving problems, connecting with other members of the team, and sharing responsibility our systems. The right candidate will join a full lifecycle, cross-functional team, collaborating on efforts such as sensor processing, autonomy, network engineering, and cybersecurity. Our team uses Scrum and focuses on collaborating and continuously improving our ability to deliver solutions for our customers.
Our team develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
- Working as a team to write, debug, and test software
- Peer reviewing other team members' work
- Supporting field tests
- Identify and troubleshoot issues found during the software development/integration process
- Create, execute, and maintain technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must have some experience developing software in C++, or related languages.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Exposure to a marine environment and terminology
- Familiarity with radios, networking, system administration, or artificial intelligence
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers, MODBUS, or CANBUS