This role is responsible for leading a team of Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Information Assurance Engineers in the Post Production/Post Deployment software sustainment for the BAT-A family of systems. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the Network Architecture to support maintenance of the Software Engineering Environment. This will include interfacing with the Army G6 to understand constraints and maintain the required security posture while meeting operational needs of the BAT-A sustainment team.
- Coordinate efforts to support the Software Engineering team to execute transition of the BAT-A Software Baselines and execute up to two software releases per year per baseline for three baselines; this includes ensuring the team has all the tools needed to execute the releases.
- Maintain Security Posture of the Development and Test Environment.
- Execute maintenance of the Network Architecture ensuring compliance with USG networking security policy as well as the capability to execute the BAT-A Software Sustainment Mission.
- Software Testing to include the following:
- Coordinate/Lead efforts of the test team to execute software integration & testing as well as formal qualification testing
- Coordinate/Lead efforts of the IA and test teams to execute IAVA Patch testing as development of POA&Ms as necessary
- Lead IAVA Maintenance; ATO maintenance / re-certification to include the following:
- Coordinate/Lead efforts of the Information Assurance Engineering team to execute IAVA maintenance and preparation for ATO re-certification.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or technical Discipline and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Must be able to participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Requires an active DoD Secret Security Clearance at a minimum.
- Requires a DoD 8570 IAT Level II or IAM Level I certification (must be verified prior to hire)
- Experience in setting up networks (configuring switches and routers), performing systems administration such as installing and configuring software and databases
- Must have Team Lead experience (managing day-to-day operations of a technical team)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Software Development Tools used: Microsoft Visual Studio, Entity Framework, Aware NISTPack SDK, Aware PreFAce SDK, VeriFinger SDK, VeriEye SDK, L1 Foundation SDK
- Software Source Code Editing: UltraEdit (suite)
- Software Languages: C#, Visual Basic, .Net, HTML, XML, SQL
- Third Party Tools to Integrate Biometric collection and analysis: Aware NISTPack, Aware PreFace, VeriFinger, VeriEye, L1 Foundation
- Requirements Management Tool: Caliber
- Configuration Management and Issue Tracking: BitBucket, Jira
- Test Case Management: Helix ALM
- Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
- Graphics for Network Design: Microsoft Visio