Leidos is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to work within a small group of technical professionals to implement the Leidos cloud computing architecture within commercial cloud service providers -as part of CIO Services' hybrid cloud solution. Collaborate with Leidos stakeholders to collect and analyze business requirements against current and planned cloud service offerings; develop stories, and tasks for deployments in public cloud services to include AWS, Azure, and potentially other Cloud Service Providers. Work with Leidos cloud architects to develop standards for interoperability, DevOps pipelines, and automation of cloud services in go-forward architectures for Enterprise Computing (Data Center), End User Computing, IT Service Management and Networking, and supporting application development and/or migration.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Provide hands-on technical expertise to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
• Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and via production of documentation) with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
• Establish and enforce standard procedures for infrastructure as software and API design change and management that include an impact analysis, coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization, and documentation.
• Hands-On Deployment of cloud environments with a focus on AWS and Azure, demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge, playing a vital role in the implementation of DevOps release and deployment cycles, security best practices, and change management.
• Support ECM services and Line of Business application migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements within in large regulated enterprise environments.
• 3+ years of experience as a Senior Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies. Hands on experience in AWS VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, ELB, and other services.
• Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data API management) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• 6+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with current focus on public cloud environments.
• Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with complex cloud solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
• Experience in developing release and deployment plans of cloud, compute and storage services, security services, IaaS/PaaS services, and patching services.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of IT experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 2+ years of experience leading teams or projects
• 3+ years of hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
• Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
• Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• US Citizen, and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.