The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an Embedded Developer Level III in Linthicum, MD
The successful candidate will support a small Leidos led contract providing embedded software development services to our customer.
The Embedded Software Developer (ESD) shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop, test, debug and document embedded software enabling custom electronic systems to perform all functions necessary to meet overall system objectives.
- Develop and implement test plans to verify that each embedded software function performs as intended. Utilize commercial test tools or develop and adapt custom hardware and software to exercise and debug embedded software.
- Analyze system requirements and develop an implementation plan complete with functional definitions and reasoned allocation of those functions between hardware and software components.
- Design and develop complete system test plans to prove that all system requirements are being met and are properly implemented.
- Debug existing embedded systems and correct software defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing embedded systems to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified embedded systems or operating environments
- Write or review software and embedded system documentation
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new embedded systems or to improve it's performance
- Confer with embedded systems engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate embedded software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operation specifications are met
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study. In lieu of degree, an additional 4 years of embedded systems experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Twelve or more years software development experience, with at least 10 years of embedded systems software experience
- Experience with C and/or Python
- Experience with Gitlab