Job Requisition:Computer Operator
Leidos is seeking candidates to perform entry level computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that help maintain the NASA computing environments - reboots, software installation/updates, backups/restores, etc.
In addition, the candidate will work with customers and NEST Team members to address customer or application (e.g., email) issues.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This includes installation of software packages, server reboots, executing system backups and restores, etc.
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand any issues issue and help reach a resolution.
- Perform duties based on existing, documented procedures.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
- As instructed, the candidate solves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator's work.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to solve common operating problems.
- Familiarity with using at least one of the following operating systems: Windows 10, macOS, Linux.
- Ability to work under close personal supervision and with detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.