Job Requisition:Computer Operator 2
Leidos is seeking candidates to perform computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that help maintain and improve the NASA computing environments - performing upgrades, reboots, software installation/updates, backups/restores, etc. The candidate will utilize documented procedures to accomplish the designated tasks. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in an environment that enables the candidate to address difficult issues while staying in close touch with subject matter experts.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This would include, but not limited to, installation of software packages, system reboots, executing system backups and restores, etc
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Learn, use, and help address customer issues with a wide range of technologies - desktop, mobile (e.g., iPhones, Android, Servers, etc.)
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand customer issues and address those issues using known resolutions.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
- High School diploma/GED and 4 years experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and/or Linux. Windows is preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS would be considered a plus.
- Basic debugging/analysis skills and the ability to use these skills to follow documented procedures to address customer issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with an ITSM system such as ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.