Job Requisition:Computer Operator 3
Leidos is seeking candidates to perform computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that support (e.g., upgrades) and help improve the NASA computing environments. The candidate will work with others to identify resolution to issues and suggest ideas for enhancing the NASA computing environment. The candidate will utilize documented procedures to accomplish the designated tasks. The candidate will be expected to make suggestions to improve that documentation. The candidate will work in an environment that enables the candidate to diagnose solutions to address difficult issues.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This would include, but not limited to, installation of software packages, system reboots, system restorations, system validation, etc.
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Be actively involved in issue resolution conference calls and contribute ideas to help reach a resolution.
- Diagnose and address customer issues. The candidate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies - desktop, mobile (e.g., iPhones, Android, Servers, etc.) with the expectation that this exposure will lead to increased knowledge and the ability to diagnose and address customer issues.
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand customer issues and address those issues using known resolutions.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and Linux or macOS. Windows and macOS are preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS would be considered a plus.
- Ability to use existing procedures to address issues. However, the candidate will be afforded the opportunity to diverge from those procedures if those procedures do not adequately address the situation.
- Good debugging/analysis skills and the ability to use these skills to follow documented procedures to address customer issues. If the documented procedures do not address the issue, the candidate should demonstrate the initiative to identify the discrepancy and update the documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
- Experience with an ITSM system such as ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.