Leidos has an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator to support the backup/restore service of the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a Windows Systems Administrator who will be expected to manage, operate and maintain Windows servers and related services in a combination of on-premises and cloud-based configurations. This assignment will give the candidate exposure to a wide range of Windows system administration activities - server, client, backup, account management, etc.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Support the execution of client and server backups and restores (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup, Commvault, Druva)
• Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers - either on-premises or cloud-based. Work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met.
• Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with service desk staff, other administrators, customers and engineers
• Set up administrator and service accounts, install system wide software, if needed
• Update systems as needed to maintain a quality functional and security posture (e.g., apply Patch Tuesday updates, priority security updates).
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Support the patching of the Windows Servers and Windows clients via SCCM and/or BigFix.
• Administer of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices.
• Support Data-At-Rest solutions (e.g., BitLocker, Symantec Endpoint Encryption , etc.)
• Provide Active Directory administration for NEST systems.
• Support the remote desktop connection tool (e.g., Bomgar)
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience.• Experience with backup/restore tools for Windows and other platforms
• Good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices. Awareness of security settings (e.g., STIGs)
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Good knowledge of SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix, experience
• Understanding of Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• PowerShell Scripting experience
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience is required.
• Use of Windows Task Scheduler
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration experience is required.
• Experience with system monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM)
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• MCSE certification preferred, but MSCA is acceptable.
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Completing registry backups and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Network knowledge and experience
• Basic understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux interoperability).
• Basic understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC).
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations.
• Basic understanding of Linux and macOS administration.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.