Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a Linux Systems Administrator and manage, operate and maintain Linux servers and clients and related services in a combination of on-premises and cloud-based configurations.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Support the management of the NEST Linux environment. This will include servers and clients. It will also include Linux virtual machines hosted on Windows clients.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Help create a consistent Linux operating environment to support the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers, engineers, and support engineers/Service Desk; Create a management solution to support servers in both on-premises and cloud-based environments.
• Set up administrator and service accounts, install system wide software
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures for software upgrades, patching, etc.
• Help apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Very good understanding of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and the other Linux variants (e.g., SuSe, Debian, CentOS. etc.)
• Experience with RPM, Yum, and BigFix.
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and ssh), including Citrix, experience
• Understanding of backup tools (e.g., NetBackup)
• Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Symantec ).
• Shell (e.g., bash) scripting experience
• Linux Group administration experience
• Good knowledge of Windows systems especially VMware workstation hosting solutions.
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., Solarwinds)
• Experience in managing Linux multi-platform environments - Linux, Windows, macOS.
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in managing Linux is cloud-based environments - Azure/AWS.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.