Leidos has an opening for a Patch Management Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be part of a team responsible for generating patches for the endpoints in the NEST environment - Windows, macOS and Linux. The candidate will work with the administrators of those systems and the NEST security team to identify the patches required to address security and feature updates and to help create the packages to address those needs. This will help make the NASA environment more secure.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Work with members of the NEST team to create the software packages required to maintain the security postures of the NASA NEST environment.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Help define the packaging process to support a consistent Enterprise-wide packaging solution. While the tools may be platform specific, the process will be common - common requirements, consistent timing, consistent approvals.
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures for software upgrades, patching, etc.
• Help define and apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Very good understanding of the Windows, Linux and macOS packaging tools.
• Understanding of Security tools (e.g., Nessus) and their relation to software package tools.
• Experience with Casper/Jamf, SCCM, BigFix.
• Understanding of backup tools (e.g., NetBackup)
• Scripting experience (e.g., bash, ksh, PowerShell)
• Group administration experience
• Good knowledge of Windows and Linux especially VMware Fusion hosting solutions.
• • System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., Solarwinds) experience
• Experience in managing macOS multi-platform environments - Linux, Windows, macOS.
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with an ITSM system; ServiceNow preferred.
• Experience in managing macOS is cloud-based environments - Azure/AWS.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.