Leidos has an opening for a macOS Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a macOS Systems Administrator and will support the infrastructure to manage a macOS environment.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Lead the management of the macOS NEST environment. It will also require hosting Windows and Linux virtual machines on macOS.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Help create a consistent macOS operating environment to support the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers, engineers, and support engineers/Service Desk;
• Set up administrator and service accounts, install system wide software.
• Establish an anti-virus solution; Provide a client backup solution.
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures for software upgrades, patching, etc.
• Help define and apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Excellent understanding of macOS and it hardware configurations.
• Experience with Casper/Jamf
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and ssh), including Citrix, experience
• Understanding of backup tools (e.g., NetBackup)
• Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Symantec ).
• Shell (e.g., bash, ksh) scripting experience
• Group administration experience
• Good knowledge of Windows and Linux especially VMware Fusion hosting solutions.
• macOS system (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration experience required
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., Solarwinds) experience
• Experience in managing macOS multi-platform environments - Linux, Windows, macOS.
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with an ITSM system; ServiceNow preferred.
• Experience in managing macOS is cloud-based environments - Azure/AWS.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.