The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing their independent handling and analysis of large amounts of geospatial data. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.Primary Responsibilities
- The candidate will research and analyze data from multiple source databases in formats that may include imagery, maps and charges, topographic and other digital data.
- The preferred candidate will use various source data for research to perform geographic rectifications and develop custom cartographic products, shape files and elevation data sets.
- Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
- Bachelor's degree and (4-8) years of relevant experience.
- Have fundamental map reading skills to include concepts of scales, geodetic datums and projections.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner using good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Candidate must be a US citizen
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.