Perform as the primary software engineer in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment.
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. Perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures. Execute functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues. Estimate software development costs and schedules. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods. Establish and manage software configuration. Provide direct interface with customer.
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline
-Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
-Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOs7) environment.
-Previous experience with correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Proficiency with Python scripting language.
- Proficiency with Perl scripting language.
- Experience with and use of Linux/UNIX scripting languages (Shell Script, Korn, Bash, etc).
- Experience with the use of content management application (Subversion, Git, or other) in a Windows and Linux development environment.
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat or CENTOS).
- Familiarization with TCP/IP Networking including:
-Understanding of and experience with ssh/scp/sftp, public/private key encryption
- Logs examination
- List running processes
- File permission ownership management
- User/Group management
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge/Configuration of Apache Nifi flowfile application
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- System integration experience in physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Proficiency with server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE
- Knowledge/Experience with Webservice (SOAP/REST).
- Ability to document program and data flow operation including creation of diagrams.
- Experience documenting problem via trouble tickets (DRs, PTRs, whatever you call them)