Leidos has an opening for a Windows Exchange Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a Microsoft Exchange Systems Administrator and will be responsible for managing the on-premises NEST Exchange environment, supporting the migration to the cloud-based Office 365 (O365), and supporting the user base post-migration. This assignment is critical to the operation of the NASA Enterprise - keeps the email system running flawlessly.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• While the Office 365 migrations are underway, the candidate will manage and maintain the on-premises NASA Exchange environment (NOMAD) and help support the Office 365 environment. At the completion of the O365 migrations, the NOMAD system will be decommissioned.
• Support the anti-spam and anti-virus Exchange solutions.
• Administer Exchange Distribution Lists.
• Support the back-up and, if needed, restoration of email files.
• Support Skype/Lync users and provide basic Skype/Lync server support.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
• Maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
• Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Very good understanding of the Windows, Linux and macOS packaging tools.
• Good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Exchange Online (O365, Skype for Business, OneDrive
• Good knowledge of SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix knowledge
• Understanding of Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• PowerShell Scripting experience
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM)
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices. Awareness of security settings (e.g., STIGs)
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• MCSE certification preferred, but MSCA is acceptable.
• Network knowledge and experience
• Basic understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux interoperability).
• Basic understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC).
• Knowledge of O365 migration tools is a plus (e.g., Metalogix)
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.