Leidos is looking for an individual to support the our program's Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). This position is located in Northern Virginia and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The program manages several separate System Security Plans. The selected individual will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and composing technical information. The candidate will keep track of and report on Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) items. The System Engineer will assist in translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. The candidate will support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents. The candidate will assist in integrating the graphics and information generated from meetings and facilitation sessions, using automated tools, and research methods into final deliverable documents. • Assist Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) in assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs). • Run scans / assist running scans using approved security tools • Review and interpret scan results and recommend appropriate mitigations • Coordinate participation in meetings; documentation and distribution of minutes and action items; and tracing action items for successful completion. • Support task requiring the collecting, compiling, evaluating and publishing of information and statistical data in documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies, and regulations. • Provide support such as technical writing and technical editing • Compose technical documents especially Security Plans and related materials. • Conduct research as directed. • Facilitate meetings and information sessions. • Provide documentation, requirements, and information updates.
- R equires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience writing key project and technical deliverables, such as technical architecture documentation, data flows, network diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical responses to POA&M items.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting technical writing and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated experience with security scanning tools.
- Demonstrated experience tracking action items and planning agendas.
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior management regularly regarding program projects, their dependencies, risks and mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise lean agile methodology, preferably for development using a cloud environment, and the services and tools available within that environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and JIRA.