The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, in the Silver Spring, MD area.
The Sentinel Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organization's long-term initiative to create a national electronic system for monitoring FDA-regulated medical product safety in alignment with FDA's mission to protect the public health. The contract supports strengthening the core capabilities of Sentinel as it evolves to meet emerging business needs and expands the FDA's capabilities of post-market surveillance of approved medical products. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The Program Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure the program is prepared to support the FDA, risks and issues are quickly identified and mitigated, a plan for growth of the contract is established, and key staff are retained and any changes are managed and pre-coordinated with the FDA customer.
The successful candidate will be PMP certified and have at least 10 years of Program Management experience. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems executive leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the portfolio including team leadership, client relationships, management for CPAR scores and improvements, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities. The successful candidate will serve as the Program Manager typically responsible for organizing, directing, and managing the portfolio of projects and all aspects of contract support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks, collaborating with the with the Principal Investigator to ensure that the projects meet their objectives within the resources proposed.
The Program Manager will provide perform day-to-day management of contract deliverables and timeline and is responsible for the overall direction of program activities, including project planning, project financials, and staff direction. The Program Manager will manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The Program Manager will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Program Management position include but not limited to the following:
• Direct program management experience providing solutions to FDA or similar civil government customers for at least 10 years and a proven record of capturing and executing business to encompass all aspects of the job description.
• The successful leader will have demonstrated current and significant relationships with FDA or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in complex information technology and scientific concepts.
• Strong leadership skills in inspiring, driving, and executing results through others.
• The leader will be responsible for managing a program comprised of large, complex IT application/system development, engineering, and sustainment efforts. This person will need to be very familiar with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
• Successful record of capturing new business at FDA or comparable civil government customers for opportunities with at least a 10% growth.
• EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Program Management experience with proven record of effectively leading and managing large, cross-functional teams, including academic, federal government, and commercial partners and multiple task orders to include those in IDIQ/BPA environments.
• Evidence of successful management of pharmacoepidemiological, biomedical, social sciences, behavioral epidemiological projects related to conducting and supporting high quality observational studies capable of informing regulatory decision making.
• Expertise and working knowledge of Cost Account, Risk Management, Staffing, Program Start up, Sales growth, direct customer communication with customer executives (Examples include the customer Chief Information Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Scientific Officer, project management office lead, key leaders, vendor leadership and others)
• Demonstrated contract and sub-contract management and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated experience in development of strategies for on contract growth
• Experience in leading teams of 100+ people and financial responsibility exceeding $50M.
• Demonstrated current and significant relationships with FDA executives
• FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
• Experience with successful deliverables in other FDA-sponsored pharmacoepidemiology contracts involving analyses of longitudinal healthcare data