• Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process
• Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
• Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers
• Critical thinking skills are required
• Knowledge of national security classification procedures is required as well as language associated with CT reporting and cable writing.
• Strong editorial and grammar skills
• Knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
• Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
• Familiarity with Web content management
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
• Experience working with Adobe InDesign is desired
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required
This is a Senior level position. In order to qualify as a Senior candidates must have a High school diploma + 14 years of job specific experience, OR an Associates degree + 12 years of job specific experience; OR a Bachelor's degree + 8 years of job specific experience; OR a Masters degree + 7 years of job specific experience; OR a Doctorate + 6 years of job specific experience.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or similiar field
The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Intelligence Publications Officer will be expected to work in a team environment. Schedule is M-F 9am-5pm.
The Intelligence Publications Officer may perform the following tasks:
Review and edit products to align with Style Guide standards Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
Provide archiving support
Track production, document and ensure workflow through the production process
Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved. Produce, deliver, and archive finished intelligence publications