Leidos' Security and Engineering Programs (SEP) is seeking a Senior-Level Network Engineer for the Center for Information Systems Services (CISS) program. The Network Engineer works on a variety of projects and part of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing a classified network, mobile device network infrastructure, and application components. This position interacts often with Government clients to understand and develop network requirements and transform them into effective solutions across multiple Department of Defense (DoD) networks and enclaves. This is accomplished utilizing hardware & software engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, while using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. The candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of network protocols such as: OSPF, VPN, IPsec, Tunneling, over a variety of network equipment. In addition to being team oriented, the candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have a working proficiency with MS Office Suite. This position will report to the IT Project Manager but also interacts with the Government Network Engineer on a weekly basis.
This position requires an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Location: Washington, DC
Shift: This position is for second shift, 2pm to 10pm Monday thru Friday. Must be able to work first shift for the first few months during onboarding, badging and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform hardware and software updates, and provide troubleshooting and technical support services for Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto devices.
• Maintain and utilize build guides to support standards for network equipment.
• Provide systems support as required in additional areas such as databases, app servers, network access, mobile devices, Active Directory, DNS, Certificate Servers, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Archives/Backups, virtualization, Information Security, virus protection, storage solutions, and COOP.
• Maintain positive client relationships on projects assigned.
Support and Administration:
• Perform or coordinate maintenance activities on network equipment or systems.
• Perform upgrades and provide replacement of hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network equipment system issues.
• Investigate new technological developments and processes.
• Research, recommend, and implement systems to enhance network functionality and reliability.
• Make recommendations to change standards and methods to improve processes and results.
• Provide support for Government Network Engineer and/or Leidos Team members as required.
• Ensure compliance with the Change Management process.
• Enforce network equipment life cycle practices.
• Develop and maintain relationship with vendors to keep current with changes in operational network systems.
• Review vendor specifications, report findings and make recommendations.
• Operating Facilities are located in and around the DC Metro area.
• Some days may require extensive walking between sites.
• In some rare occurrences this position may require out of hours support during Special Events to include nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Minimal travel (less than 10%), including overnight, as required.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with 8+ years of professional experience; High school diploma and an additional 4 years' experience and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must have a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
• Ability to eventually work the second shift. Second shift is 2pm to 10pm Monday thru Friday.
• The successful candidate will have senior level analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills as it relates to network engineering.
• Demonstrated experience of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Juniper routers, Juniper firewalls, Juniper VPN, and Cisco switches.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced, technical environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills (e.g. listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations, development, motivation, team building)
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changes in priority efficiently.
• Demonstrated experience of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Palo Alto Devices, and/or Pulse Secure VPN devices.
• Network Certifications such as: CCNA, Network+, CCNP.
• Experience with the 'ServiceNOW' service management tool.
• Experience with MS Visio software and be able to maintain & modify system drawings.