Leidos is seeking candidates to perform entry level computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that help maintain the NASA computing environments - reboots, software installation/updates, backups/restores, etc.
In addition, the candidate will work with customers and NEST Team members to address customer or application (e.g., email) issues.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This includes installation of software packages, server reboots, executing system backups and restores, etc.
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand any issues issue and help reach a resolution.
- Perform duties based on existing, documented procedures.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
- As instructed, the candidate solves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator's work.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to solve common operating problems.
- Familiarity with using at least one of the following operating systems: Windows 10, macOS, Linux.
- Ability to work under close personal supervision and with detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.