Leidos is seeking candidates to perform computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that help maintain and improve the NASA computing environments - performing upgrades, reboots, software installation/updates, backups/restores, etc. The candidate will utilize documented procedures to accomplish the designated tasks. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in an environment that enables the candidate to address difficult issues while staying in close touch with subject matter experts.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This would include, but not limited to, installation of software packages, system reboots, executing system backups and restores, etc
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Learn, use, and help address customer issues with a wide range of technologies - desktop, mobile (e.g., iPhones, Android, Servers, etc.)
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand customer issues and address those issues using known resolutions.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
- High School diploma/GED and 4 years experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and/or Linux. Windows is preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS would be considered a plus.
- Basic debugging/analysis skills and the ability to use these skills to follow documented procedures to address customer issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with an ITSM system such as ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.