Leidos is seeking candidates to perform computer operation tasks for the NASA NEST program. The candidate will be given the opportunity to work in the NASA environment and will have direct exposure to NASA scientists and programs. The candidate will be responsible for performing computer administration tasks that support (e.g., upgrades) and help improve the NASA computing environments. The candidate will work with others to identify resolution to issues and suggest ideas for enhancing the NASA computing environment. The candidate will utilize documented procedures to accomplish the designated tasks. The candidate will be expected to make suggestions to improve that documentation. The candidate will work in an environment that enables the candidate to diagnose solutions to address difficult issues.
- Perform services to support the NASA data center and service operations. This would include, but not limited to, installation of software packages, system reboots, system restorations, system validation, etc.
- Communicate with the NASA customer to help address issues.
- Be actively involved in issue resolution conference calls and contribute ideas to help reach a resolution.
- Diagnose and address customer issues. The candidate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies - desktop, mobile (e.g., iPhones, Android, Servers, etc.) with the expectation that this exposure will lead to increased knowledge and the ability to diagnose and address customer issues.
- Work with the NASA Enterprise Service Desk and NEST Team members to understand customer issues and address those issues using known resolutions.
- Use the NASA ServiceNow system to track issues and document resolutions.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and Linux or macOS. Windows and macOS are preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and macOS would be considered a plus.
- Ability to use existing procedures to address issues. However, the candidate will be afforded the opportunity to diverge from those procedures if those procedures do not adequately address the situation.
- Good debugging/analysis skills and the ability to use these skills to follow documented procedures to address customer issues. If the documented procedures do not address the issue, the candidate should demonstrate the initiative to identify the discrepancy and update the documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist in moving computer equipment.
- Experience with an ITSM system such as ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Cloud-based knowledge - Azure, AWS