Leidos is actively hiring for a field service engineer to provide systems engineering and support to the Navy JTT In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) at the SPAWAR Old Town Campus (government facility) in San Diego, CA.
They must have experience troubleshooting and developing solutions to resolve issues complex navy combat systems, secure communications, hardware and software applications and protocols, and experience providing technical training and mentoring to sailors on the use and troubleshooting of navy systems.
They must be capable of providing advanced testing of applications in the lab environment and be part of the engineering development team to evaluate industry solutions and technologies which lead to the development of the next generation hardware and software solutions for the JTT program.
- Will be testing and evaluating exiting navy and USMC JTT hardware and software systems and provide hands engineering solutions to upgrading fielded JTT systems.
- Will evaluate complicated systems engineering integration issues impacting JTT Fleet users and provide solutions that can be documented and promulgated to the Fleet
- Will evaluate and assess engineering modifications to future JTT Systems Development Options including COTS and GOTS solutions and provide recommendations to the JTT Program Manager.
- Will provide senior systems engineering technical Fleet support to resolve critical JTT systems failures in the Fleet. This includes providing thorough evaluation of the JTT system, associated systems and provide support when required to remedy JTT systems issues remotely on ships and sites around the world.They must have a thorough understanding of reading, developing and creating navy CAD drawings.
- They must be able to work in a lab environment testing new applications to the JTT system in order to make recommendations and provide solutions.
- Will be maintaining and upgrading navy networking systems. Will be providing senior level support as well as be able to provide solutions.
- When required, they must be able to travel to provide ISEA engineering solutions to as a result of systems failures, when required to provide major system software upgrades, fielding, testing and advanced training to JTT users.
- Experience performing and instructing AN/USQ-151, JTT-M system preventive maintenance activities.
- Familiarity and experience troubleshooting the AN/USQ-151 interface to Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Versions 3.6.1, 4.0.1, and 5.0.1.
- Familiarity and experience troubleshooting AN/USQ-151 interfaces with shipboard UHF SATCOM antenna systems, Ship Gridlock System (SGS), RAD MERC, DCGS-N, CANES, and GCCS-M.
- Knowledgeable of the Interactive Broadcast System (IBS) and its related architecture and infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable with Common Integrated Broadcast (CIB) and associated systems.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting, testing and evaluating AN/USQ-151 (JTT-M) systems and providing on-board training for ships and shore sites.
- 8+ years' experience in a relevant technical field preferably with at least 4 years of hands on Navy ET,IT or CTM experience supporting the maintenance, operation and training of DoD Information Warfare systems and associated architecture.
- U.S. citizen with current DoD Secret eligible to obtain TS/SCI
- Communications and Intelligence Specialist with Systems Administration experience.
- Experience as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) with navy COMSEC equipment
- Experience ensuring engineering solutions and processes are followed to protect the cybersecurity of navy systems.
- Experience with applying vulnerability patches to harden navy systems.
- Ability to travel 25% including program level JTT Engineering Change Request (ECR) meetings at various locations, and possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships for JTT system testing and evaluation.