TRICARE Overseas Program Global TRICARE Service Center Call Center Manager will provide support to the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) in a 24/7/365 global call center setting. Oversee daily operation of the Global TRICARE Service Center (GTSC) and its staff. Ensure that all TOP contractual and business functions and standards are met; find ways to improve the call center's operations and increase productivity when and where opportunities arise. Represent the TOP Program Manager when requested by PM with all aspects related the GTSC in the area of personnel performance, workflow management, and quality.
This supervisory position reports to the TOP Program Manager.
• Supervise Call Center and all shift teams. Approve staff timecards, expense reports, and expense authorizations. Define the roles and responsibilities required to implement an effective call center strategy.
• Set and achieve contract-prescribed performance targets (speed, quality, and efficiency). As such, collect call center data from the various systems and analyze the output for Program KPIs.
• Work with the team, team leaders, fellow supervisors, and senior management to collect information and problem solve.
• Hold regular monthly (more frequent if necessary) one on one meeting with staff to advise of individual performance scores, as well as address, track and provide course of action for areas that require improvement.
• Work with HR on staff performance and recruitment concerns. Improve staff performance levels.
• Motivate and retain staff through coaching, incentives, and other means.
• Monitor random calls to enhance quality and detect deficiencies; track operational performance.
• Organize staff and shift schedules.
• Manage report preparation through metrics collection and monitoring performance levels.
• Assist the GTSC Floor Operations Manager, when necessary in the handling of complex customer and TRICARE beneficiary queries and/or complaints.
• Working with the Global Training Manager, assist with the coordination of GTSC BSRs-specific training. Evaluate the learning retention/effectiveness of new hires, coordinate with the Training Dept. any necessary retraining needed.
• Assist managers, advisors, and remote site points of contact (POCs) by researching information for individual cases.
• Maintain records of work production, verification control, and other administrative records, as required.
• Assist the GTSC Floor Operations Manager (when necessary) in researching and interpret program-specific benefits, policies, and procedures to staff, remote site POCs, and TRICARE beneficiaries using TRICARE Policy Manuals and other resources.
• Perform audits on processed/corrected enrollment discrepancies.
• Perform all functions and duties described for Beneficiary Service Representatives (BSRs) as needed.
• Follow appropriate procedures for escalating beneficiary/data/system issues.
• Maintain electronic system/paper files and data integrity.
• Monitor, track, and report statistical reports (metrics) involving total discrepancies by prescribed methods.
• Work in conjunction with the GTSC Floor Operations Manager ensuring accountable for daily work assignments and end products of the BSRs.
• Provide office deliverables as required/appropriate.
• Assist the GTSC Floor Operations Manager (when necessary) to provide TRICARE claims assistance research to beneficiaries and Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinators (BCACs).
• Complete all Leidos and program required training.
• Maintain system accounts, as appropriate.
• Assist the GTSC Floor Operations Manager (when necessary) to work in conjunction with the TRICARE Regional offices, TRICARE Area Offices, TRICARE contractors, and others to provide assistance with enrollment/disenrollment issues.
• Assist the GTSC Floor Operations Manager (when necessary) with monitoring and resolving Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)/ Composite Health Care System (CHCS)-related Patient Information Transfer (PIT) discrepancies caused by the
enrollment process or that prevent an enrollment action from being completed.
• Provide recommendations involving command processes that interact with software systems such as CHCS, DOES, DEERS, and other products that may involve data exchange between systems to enhance operations and minimize data discrepancies.
• Identify and address issues related to managing contracted and temporary staff and work with HR to resolve.
• Follow and enact established protocols with minimal supervision.
• Manage internal and external customer relationships.
• Align day-to-day activities with the call center vision and Leidos' TOP quality policy.
• Complete all responsibilities and duties in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines to include proper handling of Protected Health Information (PHI).
• Comply with all required HIPAA training and refresher courses.
• Perform shift work and 24/7/365 supervision of Call Center shifts and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 8-12 years of experience. Master's Degree and/or 6-10 years of experience.
- Three years of call center experience or customer service experience, preferably in U.S. military healthcare delivery system or civilian managed care medical/administrative environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Self-starter able to multitask in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be eligible for and maintain ADP II/IT2 clearance.
- Schedule flexibility to maintain oversight of staff on varied shifts.
Fluent in English. Multilingual ability preferred.
Proficient in written and oral communications.
Experience in translating, interpreting, or other work requiring in English and other languages; or a combination of work that required English and another language.
Ability to deal tactfully with people.
Ability to work independently and under general supervision.
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management
Ability to function in a high operational tempo and crisis situations.
- One year experience with TRICARE benefits
- One year experience with CHCS or other civilian healthcare computer system.
- One year experience in processing medical claims.
- Knowledge of TRICARE programs, DEERS, Web GIQD, and CHCS.
- Data entry skills to operate in DOES, TOL, Web GIQD, and CHCS