Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Product Owner located in Arlington, VA. Working collaboratively with lead software engineers and program managers, you will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing Department of Defense command and control platforms. You will use your analytical and problem solving expertise to provide oversight, guidance, contract management support, and other related duties in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, or system sustainment. In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Support the development of software along with other direct and indirect tasks as required.
- Provide technical support from concept and design through development and integration onto deployment and sustainment of large complex software systems.
- Define and manage system requirements, managing the product backlog, assisting in system architecting, conducting trade-off analyses, developing design artifacts to facilitate software development efforts, defining and executing the program test strategy, and assisting the program manager in monitoring overall program status.
- Draft and maintain design artifacts and technical documentation for developed software including engineering plans, processes, and procedures to facilitate a collective understanding of the operational and technical characteristics of the software with internal and external program stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related field and 4-8 years' experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience effectively working within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Familiarity with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian suite (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with system requirements management, including requirements gathering and decomposition; product backlog management; high-level software system design; test management and execution