The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Lead Data Scientist, contingent upon contract award, in the Silver Spring, MD area.
The Sentinel Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organization's long-term initiative to create a national electronic system for monitoring FDA-regulated medical product safety in alignment with FDA's mission to protect the public health. The contract supports strengthening the core capabilities of Sentinel as it evolves to meet emerging business needs and expands the FDA's capabilities of post-market surveillance of approved medical products.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Lead Data Scientist position include but not limited to the following:
• Key translator of science-to-technical requirements.
• Defines, develops, tests, analyzes, and maintains new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
• Writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires minimum 6 years of experience with a Masters degree in epidemiology, public health, or relevant field. PhD in epidemiology, public health, or relevant field is preferable.
• Experience as data scientist for health outcomes studies.
• Knowledge and expertise in leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning and nature language processing as part of data analysis.
• Expert knowledge of the drug development process and US regulatory requirements.
• Experience in analyzing biomedical, behavioral epidemiological data, or similar scientific literature, research findings and data.
• Utilize data visualization tools to show findings
• Evidence of successful management of pharmacoepidemiological, biomedical, social sciences, behavioral epidemiological projects related to conducting and supporting high quality observational studies capable of informing regulatory decision making.
• Experience utilizing data extracted from electronic health records
• Demonstrated current and significant relationships with FDA executives
• FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
• Experience with successful deliverables in other FDA-sponsored pharmacoepidemiology contracts involving analyses of longitudinal healthcare data