Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Windows/UNIX System Administrator supporting our software development programs in Morgantown, WV. Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance for consideration.
The System Administrator is respo n sib l e f o r managing configuration and operation of client/server based reporting systems for multiple DOD and Commercial programs. Optimizes system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning. Provides assistance to users in accessing and using systems. Also responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining VMware ESXi, OSX, Windows, and Linux. As required, candidate will also need to provide system administration instruction to users in the field, relative to DOD programs.
You will provide support in the following areas and manage associated system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multiple systems (both customer-facing and internal programs).
- Troubleshooting affected systems in lab environment and deployed systems (possibly via HelpDesk if applicable), including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Dispatching system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Escalation and communication of status to other Tier Help Desks, government management, and internal customers. Must have experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: client/server based.
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Work with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- You will be required to engage with Air Force system administrators at their bases to help install and/or troubleshoot a software program maintained by Leidos. Instruction materials already exist; however, the candidate should be comfortable engaging and training a wide range of users and rank within the military hierarchy.
- Bac h elor's d e gree or higher and a minimum of 8-12 years' experience (or Master's degree and a minimum of 7-10 years' experience); additional relevant training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience maintaining and configuring the following: ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Oracle, and Weblogic
- Must exhibit reasonable technical expertise in engineering, testing and supporting various technologies including Windows/Unix servers, virtual machines, clustering, routers, firewalls, and network security.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must have the ability of obtaining a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must have the ability of obtaining Public Trust
- Experience configuring and managing Windows 2008 Server
- Experience administering Oracle databases
- Experience with ESXi Server virtualization software
- Experience with Weblogic
- Experience with Failover Cluster Manager
- Experience with batch scripting
- Familiarity with Puppet
- Familiarity with security products: Web Application Firewall, DDoS, VPN, IAM
- Familiarity with scaling & load balancing web applications
- Familiarity with various DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- DSS Baseline Technical Security Configurations
- Familiarity with OSX