Leidos Defense group is seeking to fill a Software Test Engineer positions with the AIMES program. AIMES is a product of years of experience combining advanced analytic functions with an intuitive graphical user interface designed to support motion imagery processing, exploitation, and dissemination. As a suite, AIMES is capable of streamlining motion imagery analysis by managing content across multiple, independent data stores and leveraging metadata richness and mission synchronization.
The Software Test Engineer position is to be located in our Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity for potential candidates to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and to use analytical skills and technical experience in the dynamic field of Full Motion Video development and deployment.
- Manual testing in sprint, integration and release phases. Reporting on and recording software discrepancies.
- Generate test cases and write test steps based on requirements for various software tests.
- Map software test steps to defined software requirements.
- Develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Ensure test steps have a logical flow that will mimic human interaction and implementations.
- Assist software developers to determine the key software component that may be causing an issue.
- Have the ability to comprehend system and functional requirements.
- Record and present software test reports to management.
- Be flexible in tasking changes due to supporting simultaneous software releases and customer deadlines.
- Use excellent written and verbal communication skills articulate complex problems with teammates and test lead
- Be able to troubleshoot functional failures to determine if the software or underlying infrastructure is the problem.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Microsoft Office
- Bachelors Degree with 4-8 years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must possess strong analytical skills to analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root causes of sub-optimal or failed test results
- Experience in troubleshooting software problems on Windows or Linux operating systems
- Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- U.S. citizenship; ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Active Secret clearance
- Strong IT troubleshooting skills
- Experienced with AGILE Test principles
- Software Automation Experience
- System administration or network experience
- Experience with Software development build tools and processes (Build Pipeline)
- Knowledge of Full Motion video Systems
- Awareness of Systems Engineering principles.